Jan 20, 2012

What.do.I.call.my.Blog 2.0

Oh dear oh dear. What a slow start to such a motivated blogging career! I have definitely decided I need to change my blog name buuuut have been unable to actually decide what name succinctly describes my blog intentions, whilst still being appealing, recognizable etc etc with the added parameter of not being taken.
I have tossed and turned for two days and have come up with 6 options. I am now sending these out into the blogosphere for a wish, a prayer... but above all input to help me make my decision.
I should probably confess at this point that it took me 10 years to commit to my first Barbour jacket and that I was only able to do after some very sound advice from EAS of LetTheTidePullYourDreamsAshore. *EAS, help? please?*

Ok so the options *drum roll* are:
  • The Perpetual Wishlist  (because let's face it, I will never have everything I want...)
  • Classic Knots (in reference to my love of all things nautical, classic and timeless) 
  • Euro Prep (living in Europe, I consider myself a bit of a Euro version of American prep) 
  • Quite Preppy (as in "we exude prep, don't we? quite, quite!" This one is my favorite, although I don't know why..)
  • Indulgence meets Frugality (doesn't exactly roll off the tongue... but describes my lifestyle pretty well)
  • A Gracious Indulgence (because it's softer than the previous option... ok, ok, this is the last option... my idea tank was depleted!!)
Please, oh fellow kind and generous bloggers, voice your opinions on these blog title options! Alternative suggestions involving the words nautical, knots, prep, classic or related... are welcome too, natch.


xx Much obliged, The future ex-Big-Stripe



4 comments:

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Hmmmm..I like Classic Knots and A Gracious Indulgence! But then again, if you love Quite Preppy--go with that, this blog is about you!

PS--LOVE your over-commenting, haha! I can tell we're on the way to a great blog friendship!

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

Well I am a nautical girl so I like the ring of "Classic Knots" but my advice is to go with "Quite Preppy" if that speaks to you, follow your gut...even if you don't know why. “Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore” isn’t exactly easy to say but I LOVE it! xx

Knot Just Nautical said...

Isn't it funny how input from others sparks new ideas? I am mulling over two further options: Much Ado about Prep and Knot just Nautical. Bit of a tongue twister.... But seeing as my closets are bursting at the seams with nautical stripes, perhaps the latter is the most fitting?

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Love Knot Just Nautical---and Fridays spent blogging/being lazy!